Monday, April 25, 2011

Challenge Tag: Fail Mani

Cristina from Opinionated Little Finger tagged me to do this 3 polish challenge tag.  Cristina's a new nail blogger from France!  She has lovely polish pictures and good reviews so be sure to check out her site. :)

Here are the rules for the challenge:
1. Go to your lacquer stash
2. CLOSE your eyes and pull 3 random items - JUST 3
3. Create a mani from them
4. Post your mani when you post the tag
5. Tag 3 bloggers

I have this things where I need my polishes to be standing upright.  I cringe whenever bloggers post pics of their polishes in a pile, lying on their sides or upside down.  I don't know why, it bothers me. -_-  I feel like it's better for the polish to stand upright, but I have no logical proof for this.  So I gently placed my polishes in a large bag, quickly grabbed three and set them back on their shelf upright. ^^

The three I picked were:
Sinful Colors Mint Apple
Sinful Colors Unicorn
China Glaze Strawberry Fields

I hope this wasn't cheating, but I also used Milani Nail Art polish in white.

I know this challenge has been going on for a while now, so I'd like to tag anyone who hasn't done it yet and would like to.  If you'd like, link your challenge post as a comment, and I'll go check it out. :)

So here's what I did.

Sorry, dry cuticles. >.<

In other words, it was a fail mani.  This was my first time doing legit free hand art, so be gentle. :P  Weirdly enough, I did kind of like it.  It must be that weird pride you get in doing something for the first time.  In case you can't tell, the white is supposed to be a tree branch and the pink flowers. -_-;;





Anyway, if you're eyes are suffering from that, I have a cute mani I'll post later today!


Liz

5 comments:

  1. oh, i think this is actually really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too!! I love the sponged looking pattern for the background and how this looks like a watercolor painting... good job with the free hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you guys don't think it's horrid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out very nice! Very creative with the colors that you picked! I would be afraid that I would pick 3 glitters since I have so many of them lol but I might like to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)