Thursday, July 7, 2011

2NE1 MV Inspired Birthday Mani

Hey all!

Today (well technically yesterday now 7/6) was my bday, so I thought I'd drop in to show you my bday mani. :)


This mani was inspired by Minzy's nails shown in the latest 2NE1 mv "I am the Best."  2NE1 (pronounced twenty-one) is a South Korean hip hop/pop girl group known for their unique style and music that deviates from the more popular girly girl norm.  This mv actually shows pretty clear shots of the singers' nails.  I liked how the thumb, index, and ring were the same on her right hand, so I did a similar mani with brighter colors.


*Both pics are screen shots taken from the 2NE1 mv "I am the Best."
As you can see her right and left hands have a different sequence of colors, but I did the same for mine.  I don't think mine looks Christmas-y, but I can see the one she's wearing being a nice holiday mani, granted you're not wearing black, studs, and chains. ^^  Maybe with Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow and China Glaze Ruby Pumps?  Anyway, it's been a while since I've worn red alone, so it felt fresh on my nails.  I used 2 coats Rimmel Stiletto Red, and for the glittery nails I used 3 coats Milani Gems layered over 2 coats OPI Teenage Dream.





I'll post the nail goodies I got tomorrow.  Right now I'm pretty pooped.

Until then!

Liz


*The pics above of Minzy's nails are screen shots taken from their mv "I am the Best" linked below.

19 comments:

  1. Very very nice mani!
    And... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your birthday!

    Like your nails <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you liked them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Deborah Lippmann. Its absolutely festive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mani is fit for the birthday girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! Makes me wanna wear red on my nails =)

    And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fabulous and suit your beautiful long nails perfectly!! I hope you had a wonderful time;D Happy Birthdaaaay~;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Did you have to like pack the glitter nail polish on? I'm currently sporting a red polish too. Happy b-lated bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Happy (late) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nails, the music & the video!

    Belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!
    Happy birthday!!!
    Im excited to see the nail goodies you got(:

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love 2ne1!! beautiful mani and happy birthday :)

    Please check me out :) at ykhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely mani and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)