This is the only polish from the OMG collection that is still being sold for retail price. If you like holo and gold, you might like this one. GR8 is a warm gold polish with linear holo. I think I used...3 coats? That's my default number for coats. This is from a while ago, as you can see my nails look shorter. I didn't use top coat since I noticed it dulls the holo, so it does chip faster than other ChG polishes.
Holos tend to be a little tricky to apply. If you read my tips for applying matte polish, just do the same thing. If you didn't here are the tips again.
How to apply holo polishes (without special bases like Nfu Oh Aqua Base):
- While a bit tricky, the fact that holo polishes apply in thin coats will work in your favor. Apply polish in one stroke and don't worry about covering the whole nail in the first try. Don't go over it again or you will create bald spots.
- Apply a coat of base, clear, or top coat. This will keep the bottom color from coming up with your next coat.
- Apply the next coat in one stroke covering the rest of the nail.
- Repeat step #2 and apply one more coat down the middle if desired.
- Skip top coat if you don't want to dull the holo (depends on polish).
And some more pics of GR8. :)
Lately I've been thinking of a way to do something like a Friday blog round up where I can share other blogs. Yesterday I was perusing Nailburgerlar, which is so awesome if you love burgers and nails, and came up with an idea.
Okay, don't laugh, but I was thinking of something like Friday Food and Nails (FFAN). Bloggers and readers can send in pics of their nails holding or posed over their favorite foods, snacks, or drinks throughout the week, and I'll compile it into a post featured on Fridays. I'll try to participate as well. (Send your burger pics to Nailburgerlar though! :P) It can really be anything, like a cup of coffee. This would also provide a great opportunity to share your nails and your blog.
What do you think? Yay or nay? Let me know in the comments if you would participate. If I get enough yays, I'll make next Friday our first FFAN post! Suggestions are welcome as well. :)