Monday, July 25, 2011

Picture Polish Blog Fest: Goldfinger

Hey all!

I've been waiting for this day since June, so I'm super excited to share my shade with you for piCture pOlish's Blog Fest.  Today over 60 bloggers from around the world are featuring a Picture Polish shade on their blogs.  The shade I was sent to review is Goldfinger.


Goldfinger is a warm yellow-toned metallic gold polish.  It's not a foil, but is sort of like a metallic creme.  I had some problems with bald spots, so I layered base coat between coats and it went on well.  I think the packaging is really cute.  I love how the bottles come with a little phrase.  Mine says: "you can be a bond girl too!"  This is 3 coats. 



So I did a little research and found out more about Goldfinger, since I'm not too familiar with all the James Bond movies/books.  Goldfinger is actually the villain in the movie and the bond girl featured in this film, Jill Masterson, was his helper until she was seduced by Bond.  For betraying Goldfinger, she was killed by having her whole body covered in gold so that she would die of "skin suffocation" (which can't really happen.)  So here are few James Bond-esque shots.  The cards one is representative of how the Bond Girl had helped Goldfinger win card games by telling him the opponents hand.  As for the toy gun I fished out of my brother's toy box...well let's just say this Bond Girl needs a pay raise. ;)






What do you think?  Have you tried any of Picture Polish's shades?  I'm definitely looking forward to trying out their other colors, especially their newer shades.  You can buy Picture Polish shades on their site for $9.90.  They also sell Ozotic polishes as well.  

Don't forget to check out the other shades bloggers are featuring for this Blog Fest! :D


Liz


**disclaimer: This shade was sent to me by piCture pOlish for review, however my review is my own and honest to my experience.  Read more in Disclosure Policy tab.

21 comments:

  1. I love the props you used!! The color is meh to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog and wonderful swatch! And I love your review very informative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creativity. I dont much like gold shades, but your swatches really tempt me. Congratulations on making to the Picture Polish Top 15. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! looks almost suede-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures with the cards... Very appropriate! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous gold! I love your Bond-inspired photos, especially with the trump cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh! What a beautiful gold polish! You were so lucky to be selected! Did you ever order any polishes from them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely color! I esp love your picutres with the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great color ..

    happy blog fest !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I normally am not a gold lover but this shade is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! And I guess they do look kind of suede-ish. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! The card pics are my fav too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I'm glad you like them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've ordered an Ozotic polish from them before, and I really loved how fast their shipping was. They're also so sweet. I was looking into their piCture pOlish polishes too, when they let me know they will be holding a blog fest. I couldn't resist the opportunity to try their polishes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Those are my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a gorgeous nail color! And of course your nails are absolutely amazing! Fabulous post, darling! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)