I spilled them all out and look how gorgeous they look! The above pic was taken with flash, so you can see how they look when the light passes directly through them. Depending on how the light hits them, these crystals will glow with shades of pink, orange, blue, and purple.
One thing I noticed right off the bat was that these crystals are huge. When looking at these online, I wasn't sure what size to order. One thing I really wanted was for the crystals to be obnoxiously iridescent, which was I settled on size SS20. But wow, these are big! As a result they look a bit bulky on the nail. This side view will show you how much these stick out from the nail.
Whew~ Because the crystal is so big and colorful, I decided to complement it by painting my nails in modest, neutral colors. Here's the look I came up with. Nice and simple. The pictures below were all taken in natural sunlight.
Okay, so here are the pros and cons.
- Shinier than regular rhinestones: They do not dull when sealed with top coat, but remain shiny. They also have a lot more depth and iridescence.
- Reusable: You can reuse these! Simply rub the polish off with acetone, and it will look good as new. The foil back remains intact even after a good rub with acetone, so if you wish you can definitely use them again on a different mani.
- Brilliant color: It doesn't compare to any of the rhinestones I currently own, and I have a decent collection of them. The multi-colored effect is really beautiful.
- Too big: This has more to do with the size I ordered than the quality of the item. I think SS20 is tad bit too big for nails. They're best suited for flat/wide nails or a blackberry bling (thumb nail accents). Otherwise, these could also be used for decorating cell phones, etc.
- Price: This depends on how you look at it. It's definitely a lot pricier than regular wheels of rhinestones. This particular pack of crystals cost $12.46. However, I think this is a fair price for 144 Swarovski crystals.
Verdict: I'm satisfied with the product in itself. I think the crystals are of good quality and the fact that they are reusable makes them even better. The only downside would be the size, which is not a deal breaker since BPS sells crystals in all different sizes and colors.
If you plan on getting these for nail art, I would recommend getting a smaller size. However, I cannot guarantee that the smaller sizes will be as iridescent. I specifically wanted ones that would sparkle pink, blue and orange. The smaller ones may just be clear, so make sure you are getting what you want.
Overall, I really love these! I can't get enough of them, and I could stare at them all day. Time for some serious blackberry bling! :)
Availability: You can buy these and other nail art items from bornprettystore.com*. You can also use my coupon code for 10% off!
What do you think of these? And would you wear big crystals on your nails? Let me know in the comments! :)
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Links followed by an * are affiliate links.