Thursday, July 24, 2014

[Nail Art] Refreshing Cherry Mani with BPS Bow Charm



Hi everyone! I'm back again with a sweet and simple mani today. I was in the mood for some cute nail art, but didn't want to spend too much time on it. This one's great for beginners, because it doesn't use many tools either.


What I Used
Milani Hot Pink Rage (pink creme)
OPI Be Magentale With Me (pink tint)
Nicole by OPI That's Putting It Mild (nude creme)
SinfulColors Nail Art Flower Girl (gold striping polish)


For the cherry nails, I started out with my base color. I used a neutral since the pink is so loud. I dotted on the cherries using the brush that came with the Milani polish. I think it looks cuter if it isn't so perfect. I then dotted over the cherries twice with a tint to give it a softer feel. Finally I finished by drawing on the stems with a gold striper.

By the way, I totally recommend investing in a few striping polish. Get them in basic colors like black, white, silver, and gold. They're the best if you don't want to deal with cleaning nail art brushes. SinfulColors and LA Colors are both great at $1-2 each.



Isn't the bow just adorable? It really adds some glam to a very simple mani. This is also the most perfect bow ever. I've been hunting for a bow that fits my nails for forever. I have small, curved nails so most charms are too big and jut out. As you can see these lie flat and aren't bulky at all for a charm. Because they hug my nail, they don't get caught in my hair either. (Yes!)


You can find the bows at Born Pretty Store* for $1.99/5 pieces. They're definitely reusable, so I think they're quite a bargain. Mine is pattern #1 if you're interested. Don't forge to use code F10X31 to get 10% off your order. :)

What do you think of this design? Is this something you would wear? Let me know in the comments below!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)