Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bond Girls by OPI Collection Review



OPI's new Bond Girls collection is their newest all texture collection featuring six different shades named after various Bond Girls.  Right away, I was drawn to the bright coral, but this collection also had some surprise favorites.  All of the pictures were taken in sunlight to show off the sparkles better.


Solitaire, 3 coats (opaque in 2): white frost texture with fine silver glitter.  It seems more like a frost when wet, but once it dries it's not as apparent because of the texture.  The silver bits look dark in my pictures, but in reality they glint silver in the sun.  So the whole look is white and not speckled like my pictures show.




Honey Ryder, 2 coats: metallic gold texture with fine gold glitter and silver flecks.  This is one of my unexpected favorites from this collection.  Honey Ryder is much more gorgeous in real life.  It sparkles like crazy and kind of looks like crumpled gold foil studded with diamonds...in a good way!  I'm so sad the pictures don't truly show how beautiful it is.  Definitely give this one a try - it's so stunning and elegant in the sunlight.  This is coming from a girl who doesn't care for the texture trend!




Pussy Galore, 3 coats: light pink frost with pink-purple shimmer.  It's easy to see the shimmer in the bottle, but it wasn't that apparent in real life.  Maybe in the shade, but I don't remember.  The overall finish is similar to Solitaire because of the frost base.




Tiffany Case, 2 coats: light metallic blue with small silver glitter and silver shimmer flecks.  Because of it's metallic base, this one is similar in finish to Honey Ryder.  So yes, I think it looks like crumpled blue foil. x)  This is my second favorite after Honey Ryder.




Jinx, 2 coats: hot pink jelly texture with gold shimmer flecks.  The base is hot pink at one coat, but turns more coral after the second coat.  I love that the gold shimmer flecks add some orange to the color as well.  Overall, this is so bright and pretty!  I've never considered wearing a texture on my toes (sounds weird), but this would make a great pedi color.  I can't decide if I like this or Honey Ryder more.  We'll call it a tie. ;)




Vesper, 2 coats: dark violet jelly texture with fine black glitter.  This is the least sparkly texture in the collection.  It also takes the longest to fully dry.  I think mine took at least an hour or two to dry completely.  The picture above is somewhere between the 30 minute-1 hour mark.  Once it does dry fully, it becomes much darker (like the middle nail).  However, it's not so dark that it looks black.  I didn't really like this one at first, but it kind of grew on me.  I'm wearing it right now, and I like it much better now that it has fully dried.



Verdict: All of these were great in terms of formula, application, and pigmentation.  My top favorites are Honey Ryder and Jinx, but Vesper and Tiffany Case are close seconds.  If you've read my other texture reviews, you know that I'm not a texture girl.  But these were unexpectedly nice, and I definitely see myself reaching for my top two favorites.  I've never felt this way about the other textures I've tried, so this is like woa.  I might have to give the others a second chance, now that the sun is out. ^^

Availability: Bond Girls by OPI nail lacquers feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. These six new shades will be available beginning May 2013 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Chatters, JCP Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.  For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!


See any favorites?  Please share in the comments below! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)