Wednesday, March 12, 2014

[Review+Swatch] Nicole by OPI Roughles Collection



Hi everyone! Today's collection is the new matte textures from Nicole by OPI - Roughles ("ruffles"). These textures are a bit different from the ones I've previously tried, because they contain what looks like colored sand. This gives them a finely speckled look that's playful, but not overwhelming.


Sand In My Shoe, 2 coats: light yellow creme texture with orange specks. The consistency of the polish was perfect, as was the opacity. Very easy to apply!



Rock The Look, 2 coats: light pink creme texture with red and grey specks. This one reminds me of a strawberry smoothie! Again, great formula and opacity.



I'm Stucco On You, 2 coats: light purple creme texture with red and blue flecks. Love this one! It's just as easy to apply as the others.



On What Grounds?, 2 coats: turquoise creme texture with blue and grey flecks. How gorgeous is that color? This is hands down my favorite from the collection. Excellent formula and pigmentation as well. One thing I'll note is that it may be a stainer. I personally didn't experience any staining from swatching, but it's still probably a good idea to use base coat with this.


Verdict: Love! I'm very picky when it comes to creme-based textures. I'm generally not a fan of the consistency or the finish. However, these were excellent on many accounts: consistency, opacity, and color. I'm hoping for more in different colors, like these from Kiko! So pretty!

Availability: These limited edition lacquers are now available for $7.99 each at retailers including select Duane Reade, Kroger, Kmart, Fred Meyer, CVS locations. In Canada, these shades will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Jean Coutu, Rexall, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.

What do you think? Yay or nay? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)