Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rivka Holographic: Jenny

Today I'm reviewing one of the four Rivka polishes I got in my swap with Sarah of Them Pretty Colors.

 

Rivka Jenny is a grey holographic polish with a combination of both scatter and linear holo.  I love how the color of the holo pops out against the grey, especially since the holo looks more pastel than in other holographic polishes.  When I saw swatches of this on Them Pretty Colors, I knew I had to have two of these!  I feel it's unique in comparison to the other holos I've seen so far, and the scatter and linear holo mix adds to that.  It's a great duo because it allows the whole nail to be holo.  It sort of has a fuzzy look like static on tv.

I'm wearing 3 coats here, but it was opaque in 2 coats.  The formula was amazing, especially for a holographic polish!  I was able to take my time and go over the same spot twice without creating bald spots!  A++!  For extra shine, I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite. :)

This was my first time using Rivka, and I'm impressed!  Since not everyone is familiar with Rivka, I'll talk a little bit about the packaging.  These Rivka beauties come in little 10ml square bottles with black plastic caps.  I do wish the cap was longer for easier holding, but the formula more than makes up for it.  The brush tends to pick up a lot of polish, so I recommend wiping both sides of the brush against the bottle neck before painting.  So far, I'm in love with these and can't wait to try the others!



 


Do you like the collages I made to fit in all the pictures of Jenny I had into this post?  This was after narrowing down the pics twice. >_<  Anyway, a friend of mine, coincidentally named Jenny, recently started her own Youtube channel to share her love for fashion and make up!  Check out her channel jkfaceee featuring her latest haul and OOTD!  She's super cute and sweet, so I think you'll like her. :)

Well, that's it for today!


Liz

22 comments:

  1. This is sooo beautiful. Brazilian companies are sure doing it right this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg in LOVE!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog... and I'm so happy to see Brazilian polishes here!!! I'm Brazilian and I'm going there next november, so if you want some polishes just let me know and I can bring it back for you!!!

    Kisses,

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This holo is super amazing! I wish I could buy it somewhere in US:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT! I just got this in the mail and I"m super excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love! This is a new brand to me, thanks for sharing such a beautiful shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is an amazing holo! I'm a new follower and I find your swatches so dangerous for my wallet! Lol you've got me lemming for this so badly now!!!! Can you get this in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! You are awesome so I gave you The Classic Beauty Award! http://bit.ly/r7jz40

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thanks, Cibele! I'm really in love with Brazilian polishes now. You're lucky to be able to go to Brazil! Not just for polish. Brazil is one of those countries I've always wanted to visit. :P And thanks for offering to bring polish back! :D Right now I'm on a no-buy though, so maybe sometime in the future when you go back again we can do a swap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw no problem. :) I'm glad you really liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following and welcome! :) Rivka is a Brazilian brand, so unfortunately you can't buy it in the US. But try contacting Sarah of Them Pretty Colors (I linked her in this post). You might be able to either buy them from her, or swap with her. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw thanks for sending them to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the award, Mimi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really are! It makes me wish Brazilian polishes were more easily accessible in the US! They have some fantastic holos this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! It looks beautiful! I'm also in the middfle of a swap with a Brazilian girl for crazy holo polishes!

    I can't wait to see the others!

    You managed to take amazing pix!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where can I find this line of polishes in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi April! Rivka is a Brazilian drugstore brand (I believe), so unfortunately it can't be found in the US. I did find a site that carries a few of their polishes. I haven't bought anything from this site before, but I have heard of it. It's called Ninja Polish. You can check out their site here: http://ninjapolish.com/home.php?cat=287

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)