Thursday, November 22, 2012

China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil: My Picks


Happy Turkey Day!  Aka Thanksgiving. :)  Thought I'd post this really quickly while waiting for the turkey to cook.  I've been pretty excited about this collection from China Glaze, so I swatched them all yesterday when I got them. ^^



It's A Trap-Eze!, 3 coats: a white creme-jelly base with rainbow glitters in small and medium sizes.  I actually think the white base is kind of a pale lavender color, but I'm not sure if that's because of all the glitters.  It looks that way on my nails though.  The glitters come in a lot of colors: yellow, red-orange, silver, sky blue, green, and magenta/fuchsia.  I think that's all of them.  The formula was pretty good.  I found this color relatively opaque at two coats because the glitter is so dense.  I only had to use the third coat to cover the sheerer parts near my tips.



- - -

Surreal Appeal, 2 coats: bright coral-pink creme.  I love love love this color.  It's very bright, but not neon.  I really love corals, so this is just so perfect for me.  Why wasn't this color in my life before?  I do not know.  The formula was excellent as well.  It glides on evenly and dries down to a very shiny finish.  It's relatively opaque at one coat because it's so pigmented, but for full opacity I'd recommend two.



- - -

Def Defying, 3 coats: bright yellow-green creme.  I'm admittedly not a yellow-green fan, but this looks alright on me.  The formula itself is not bad, but the color applies a bit unevenly, so I needed the third coat to even it out.  It's also a bit sheerer than Surreal Appeal.  



- - -

Running In Circles, 3 coats: grass green jelly with gold shimmer flecks.  I'm so sad my pictures don't fully show how gorgeous this looks.  My pictures have a bit more blue in it, but this color is green green.  In the sun, it sparkles like crazy.  In my opinion, this is the standout shade from the collection.  If you only get one polish, get this- especially if you're a green fan. 



- - -

Water You Waiting For, 1 coat over Running In Circles: fine green glitter mixed with fine blue glitters and medium blue-purple glitters.  The glitter is very dense, so you can definitely wear this on its own.  I was running out of sunlight, which is why I'm showing it to you layered.  But isn't this a gorgeous pairing?  I think you should try it.  I love how it flashes blue and green in different angles.



- - -

Get Carried Away, 1 coat: sheer black jelly base filled with big coral, black, and silver glitters.  It also has small silver and black glitters, as well as black bar glitters.  I thought it was too sheer, so I layered it over one coat of Milani Black Swift below, but you can see how it looks on it's own above.  I actually think it might build up to opacity.  However, the formula is below average.  I guess it's somewhat expected because of all the big glitters and bar glitters.  The bar glitters can be a bit unruly, and for a more even application you will have to dab on the polish.  Obviously, this means a slower drying time.



Verdict: Overall, I think the polishes in this collection are pretty fun.  There are also a lot of interesting glitters, as well as a good mix of bright colors.  My favorites would have to be Running In Circles, Water You Waiting For, and Surreal Appeal.

Availability:  To coincide with the 3D release of “Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away,” in theatres December 21, 2012, this collection will be available the first week of December 2012 at salons and specialty beauty retailers nationwide, including Sally Beauty Supply and ULTA stores for $7 each.


Which colors are your favorites?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
*These polishes were provided to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

13 comments:

  1. I want Running in Circles so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered 'Trapeeze' today, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have gotten 'Water' too... Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should get it! It's one of the prettiest greens I own. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on Imperfectly Painted that Water and Nicole by OPI Kendall on the Katwalk are dupes. If you have the latter, you can probably skip Water. If you don't have the latter, the China Glaze one is quite nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. liking Trapeze and Water - thinking I need to order them on line vs. wait for them to hit Sallys as i think those are going to sell out and my store only gets maybe 5 of each color if that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! My Sally's always gets only like 2 of each color (1 display), so I totally understand your dilemma. You can try leaving your number with them and have them call you when the display comes in. Or ask them what day they get new shipments. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yun, The Polish HideoutNovember 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

    This is such a fun collection! My favorite is for sure Running in Circles. It's just the most gorgeous green. :-)


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy Plowman-PennockDecember 2, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    So now that you have both, how does It's A Trap-eze compare to Pajama Party (which I IMMEDIATELY ordered from eBay after seeing your Etude House haul post!)? They look like they could be dupes. I certainly don't NEED both, but I love PP so much, the bottle is smaller, and I had to wait like 2.5 weeks for it to ship from Korea that I might just order IAT as a backup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy! I thought the exact same thing when I saw IAT. As far as I can tell from the bottle, Pajama Party's base is more of a baby blue, while IAT is like a pale periwinkle. Also, IAT has wayyy more glitter, which might be a good or bad thing. I personally like PP a little better- easier application, and I feel the glitter is just right- but this is personal preference. I'll try to get 'on-the-nail comparison' up for you by tomorrow. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacy Plowman-PennockDecember 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

    Oh, that would be awesome, Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)