Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Revlon Carbonite


Carbonite is a grey-silver metallic with subtle gold shimmer flecks that give it a bit of warmth.  It has a tarnished quality to it that I love.  There was a lot of talk about this color because of its likeness to Chanel Graphite.  From the comparison shots I've seen, Graphite has a bit more sparkle and warmth, but I'm content enough with Carbonite not to splurge on the Chanel.






What are your thoughts on Carbonite?  Are you a fan of drugstore dupes?


Liz

10 comments:

  1. I have only a few Chanels but I did get onto the buy bandwagon when Graphite hit and all the hub-bub came from that. I think this is really pretty...if you did not own Graphite and liked this formula, it's a great fill for this sort of pewter shimmery shade. I never could find this shade myself to do a side by side - but typically Revlon formula chips in only a few hrs on me no matter what I do for base and top coats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this color! I am a huge fan of drugstore dupes - that's really the only place I buy my polish - I don't have a license so I can't shop at CosmoProf and Sally's doesn't have much usually... this looks very nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphite is definitely prettier! It has the oomph that the Revlon one is lacking. I would have got it, but I don't reach for colors like this a lot. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Carbonite looks great! I love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drugstore dupes, I never want Revlon to stop making them! Haha, they save me so much money :) Carbonite is so pretty and looks amazing on you! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh this looks so pretty!! :D


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jenn! Revlon does make a lot of good dupes. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)