Monday, December 3, 2012

Comparison: China Glaze It's A Trap-Eze! vs Etude House Pajama Party


Today I have a little comparison post for you!  One of my readers wanted to know if It's A Trap-eze! and Pajama Party are dupes, so let's find out. 


Here's a close-up bottle shot.  Right off we can see that IAT has a white base with more glitter, while PP has a pale blue base with less glitter.


And here they are on the nail: 3 coats of PP (pointer and ring), 2 coats IAT (middle and pinky).  As you can see, they are definitely not dupes, but they are similar.  For some reason, IAT and PP's base looks very similar even though one is white and one is blue.  IAT has a lot more glitter, which makes it a little harder to apply and gives it a grittier finish.  PP has less glitter, which allows the base to come through more, giving it less grit and more gloss.

There are a few differences in the glitter as well.  PP has small dark blue and red glitters that IAT doesn't have.  PP's orange glitter is also more of a pumpkin orange, while IAT has red-orange glitters.  Another main difference is that IAT has a higher ratio of silver/white and purple glitters.  PP, on the other hand, has about the same ratio of each colored glitter.



While both glitters have similar concepts, they look and feel different.  IAT's overall look is speckled, while PP's is more polka dotty.  So, no, they are not dupes. ^^

If you'd like to see more swatches of these two shades in better lighting, you can find IAT (here) and PP (here).

*edit:  Since some of you expressed interest in buying PP, you can find it on Ebay for $4.99 with free shipping.  Here are the two sellers: Seller #1 & Seller #2 (not affiliated with either).  For the record, I did not buy mine from Ebay, so please make sure the sellers are reliable before purchasing. 


Liz

PS)  It was really nice out today!  Yesterday was warm too, but I think today was even warmer.  I gave Max (my dog) a bath, and we both lounged around on the deck until we were dry.  I'm still amazed that I was able to sit outside in a wet t-shirt in December and not be cold! ._.

22 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the look with less glitter actually. Thank you so much for the fantastic comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both lovely! I think I also like the less glitter look - it's more milky and smooth looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome comparison I love both but I would go for the less glittery

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly why I wasn't inspired by Trapeze anymore after I saw the first swatches.. I expected less glitter : ) Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of these, but after seeing your comparison I think I only want Pajama Party. Thanks for the great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! I'm glad you found it helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely has a more glossy, milky look that I too prefer. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here! The only downside is that Pajama Party isn't as easily accessible as IAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both! but I think I prefer the china Glaze one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great comparison post!
    i actually like the look you did with these two. the slightly different texture makes it even more attractive.
    btw, do you have any tip for removing glitter polishes easily? i'd totally wear them more if they weren't so pain to remove...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lena! There are 2 options. You can make your own peel-off base coat using white glue and water. You can read about it here (http://bit.ly/OQphtv). Basically you apply the glue base under your glitter, then when you want to remove it, you just peel it off! I think this method is best for short-term wear, to a party or an event.

    Otherwise, if you apply the glitter without a glue base, you can get it off using the foil method. Search 'foil glitter removal' on Youtube, and you'll see several videos on how to do this.

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! It's definitely one of the more popular shades from ChG's Cirque Du Soleil collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacy Plowman-PennockDecember 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM

    Yay!! Thanks Liz, I really appreciate you doing this post :)
    I still think I need to pick up IAT as a backup but I will likely thin it down to make it less of a chaotic glitter bomb (I had to do the same thing with my bottle of Candy Shop from Claire's). I've been wearing PP since Sunday and I get SO many compliments on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No problem! And I'm glad you're enjoying PP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you! this is very helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting comparison--I've never seen that Etude House before. I think I might need to track that down--just bought the ChG at Sally's yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are pretty - I tend to like the Etude House better. I have never seen this brand before. Was thinking this one from ChG Worlds Away collection was the only one I would pick up from that collection but you put the finger on what I was not loving about it - it's a bit too packed with glitter and needs more of the base to show up for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're both great! I think I prefer Pajama Party a little more, but I can see myself wanting to wear IAT more too depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can find this line of Etude House polishes on Ebay for $4.99 each with free shipping (not affiliated), but the reader mentioned that it took 2.5 weeks for her to get it, so accessibility is the downside. They're both pretty in their own way though. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, so cute and fun!! I love warm weather too - it's been nice and warm where I am ^_^ Lounging on the deck sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)