Sunday, April 22, 2012

Comparison: OPI I'm All Ears vs. China Glaze 108 Degrees

OPI I'm All Ears (IAE) reminded me of China Glaze 108 Degrees (108), so I decided to compare them side-by-side.  Here are 3 coats of each.  As you can see, they are similar...but not dupes.  I think the base color is identical.  What separates them is the shimmer.  IAE has sparser, larger blue/purple shimmer flecks, which allows the base to come through more.  As a result, it looks a bit more red than 108.  108 has fine blue/purple shimmer.  It's much more dense, so it gives the whole polish a cooler feel, making it pinker.  In the end, they are similar enough that you don't really need both.  If you want more of the bright pink color, go with IAE.  If you prefer more sparkle and shimmer, I would recommend 108. 

Here are a few more comparison pics!

IAE, 108, IAE, 108
IAE, 108, IAE, 108

 Is there one you prefer more?  Or do you need both?  Let me know! :)


Liz

7 comments:

  1. they are quite close but not exactly! thanks for the comparison! I love them both lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i like IAE a bit more but you can barely tell them apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 108 Degrees, so I'll give the OPI a miss. They are similar enough for me, and I don't use pink that often. Great comparison, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this color!! Sally Hansen has a similar (or dupe mayybe?) called Pink Boa. It is my favourite!!
    ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I prefer the OPI one. I feel like the China Glaze is more sparkly? OPI is just a little flatter. It's hard to explain but yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't really see a difference. Lol! Great comparison!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)