Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue + Julep Jessica

Pearl Heart Nail Art
3 coats Julep Jessica + 2 coats Sally Hansen Pacific Blue

I love how well these two colors complement each other!  They both had a great formula and went on flawlessly.  Look how shiny they are!  To spice it up a little, I added a simple design to my ring finger with some black rhinestones, silver microbeads, and a red pearly heart.  Overall, I love how this looks, and I'll definitely be pairing these two polishes again. 

It's a shame the pictures didn't come out that well; it's the reason why I did a collage.  I tried to seal the rhinestones and beads in with a coat of Seche Vite.  Unfortunately my Seche Vite was thick, so it kind of made a mess.  Are you even supposed to put top coat over the rhinestones?  Sometimes the color rubs off the pearls so I'm thinking of skipping top coat when it comes to the bigger jewels.  Plus these rhinestones stay on so well that the staying power is actually bothersome for a frequent polish changer like me.

What do you think?  Do you own either of these polishes?  I would say Pacific Blue is a must for all blue lovers.  It's bright, shiny, and opaque in two coats.  Absolutely love that one! :)


Liz

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace, Love & PolishApril 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM

    Pacific Blue is one of my favorite colors this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo beautiful! I love the match of colours and the pearls arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Pacific Blue and you're right, it is a MUST have for blue polish lovers! Love the mani. That bling would drive me INSANE though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove pacific blue! I actually bought it the night before you posted this, oddly. Along with Green With Envy and White On. I bought them to try the water marbling technique. It was an epic fail... but ohwell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it took you 3 coats of Jessica. It only takes one medium thick coat to be opaque on my nails! I have Pacific Blue on my toes right now & Jessica on my fingernails. Such a cute combo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)