Sunday, April 22, 2012

OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection

Today I have for you my picks from the OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection!  Let's take a look at the swatches, shall we?

3 coats, I'm All Ears.  A bright pink jelly with blue/purple flecks of shimmer.  It's really bright!  You could get away with 2 coats, but I did 3 for pics.  The shimmer isn't fine shimmer, but flecks.  It gives the color a nice sparkle, but doesn't overwhelm the color.




***

L to R: Nothin' Mousie 'bout It by itself / layered over SinfulColors Tutu / layered over China Glaze First Mate / Layered over SinfulColors Black on Black
2-3 coats, Nothin' Mousie 'bout It.  This one's the more unique color of the collection.  You can wear it by itself as shown in the far left finger.  I believe that was about 3 coats.  I personally prefer to layer it.  My favorite combination was over the black and pink.  The shimmer in here are almost like tiny flakies of pink, blue, and orange which show up best over black.  I also like it over the pink, but it's much more subtle and mainly shimmer orange.  My only complaint about this polish is that the hearts do not want to come out.  I had to sit my polish upside down a bit to get the hearts to leave the bottom of the bottle.  Even then I had a hard time fishing two hearts for each nail.  Eek. >_<  The good thing is the hearts do lay flat on the nail.  Despite the elusive hearts, I would have to say that Nothin' Mousie 'bout It is my favorite from the collection.


 Here it is matte!

 And finally, over I'm All Ears.

This limited edition promotion will be available beginning June 2012 at professional salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $8.50 ($9.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.
 
What do you think?  Are you picking up any polishes from this collection?



Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

9 comments:

  1. i am so getting i am all ears and if you moust. I am not getting the glitter, it should have been minnie ears instead of hearts :)

    hug

    Crystal(iciousss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple with the little hearts looks fantastic mattified!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, I'm in love with those heart decorated nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothin' Mousie 'bout It is awesome! I love it over the black! I definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm All Ears is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great polishes! i especially love the matte finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these matte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, minnie ears would have been so precious! But it probably means that OPI has to find a way to make the glitter. Hearts are more readily available, but that would have been so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)