Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Paper Crane Nail Art


I've always loved paper cranes.  Folding them out of squares of pretty paper is childhood memory, and I love how whimsical they look.  Naturally, I had to attempt a paper crane mani.  How could I not?  Don't worry, I didn't try to draw a 1,000 of them. ;)

First I started out with gradient using Julep Sasha and Milani Beach Front.  I also brushed on Skinfood Pedicure Sparkle in 01 Sparkle Gold between Sasha and Beach Front.  I think this provided a nice transition, since I painted the gradient on rather than using a sponge.  I finished off the gradient by dabbing on some Milani Jewel Fx Gold.

On my thumb, I outlined a simplified image of a paper crane in white.  Then I went over the outlines in black and colored the crane white.



What do you think?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz

9 comments:

  1. So simple looking, yet gorgeous! The colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I think the gradient color combo with the sinful food sparkle is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Beautiful colors, and that crane is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color gradient with the glitter is absolutely amazing! Interesting choice to put at this manicure the paper crane, looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! The gradient, the glitter, and the crane! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very pretty combo! Love the gold glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy/Gnarly GnailsJuly 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

    I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gradient with glitter, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)