Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Cult Nails Devious Nature

It's already Pink Wednesday again!  I feel like this week has gone by so fast.  Guess what I have today?!  Cult Nails Devious Nature! (Like you couldn't tell by the title.)  The bf has bought me a lot of polishes lately, and this was one of them, including Captivated, China Glaze 108 Degrees, and $OPI Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah.  I'm a spoiled girl. :P  I was so excited to get this one.  I've been wanting it since I saw the promos!

Before I talk about Devious Nature, I'd like to address the packaging.  I love the packaging, but I was disappointed to see that my two bottles were badly scratched up all the way around the caps when I got it.  It's not a big deal, but it just really annoys me to see dull scratch marks on new bottles.  I even went at it with a wet paper towel in the hopes that it would wipe off.  I was just going to over look it, but these bottles weren't cheap, so I contacted Maria of Cult Nails about it.  She actually got back to me within a few hours!  Maria let me know that there were some problems with the caps being scratched and that it has been addressed with her filling manufacturer.  So it shouldn't be a problem with any future productions.  She also told me that she'll try to get some extra caps over if the manufacturer is willing to send over spare caps. :)  Overall, I'm impressed with the quick response and helpfulness, so I'm willing to over look the scratches. :P  I was actually going to wait and see if I'll be able to get new caps before posting, but I gave in.  I had to try this. ^^

Now on to the polish!  Here's what Cult Nails has to say about Devious Nature:  "Devious Nature is a beautiful hot pink.  Based in berry tones, Devious Nature is not just another pink!"  I couldn't agree more!  The formula was great; this went on like butter.  However, you do need to kind of get the hang of how much to put on your nail.  If you're not able to cover your nail at once, the polish might dry and become uneven.  I do wish the brush was a tad bit bigger, but it's not bad.  Okay, now I'm going to say something I rarely say and you might not agree...but I think this is a careful (thick) one coater.  Let me show you.
shade

This is 3 coats, except one.  Can you guess which one is the one coater?  Of course there's a difference, but it's so miniscule you can't really tell unless you're looking for it at the distance shown in this pic.  Usually I'd still go with at least 2 coats, but since this is a limited edition, I'm happy to use 1 coat if it'll prolong the use of this polish.  I think this is going to be my go to pink for this summer.  The splash of berry in here makes it unique, and it's the reason why I adore it.  The finish is also very glossy and squishy like, so that it's like a creme-jelly hybrid.  Overall, I love it, which makes me sad that it's not a permanent part of the collection.


sun
sun
You can buy Devious Nature and other colors from the A Day at the Races collection at Cult Nails.


-edit-
The one coat thing seems to be an outlier.  When I applied it to my nails again, I noticed you need at least 2-3 coats.  So I guess I just got lucky that time. :P


Liz

9 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. I'm thinking hard about jumping on the Cult bandwagon, and this color makes it a little easier to decide! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @thenailaholic: You should before they run out! :P This color's a lot more gorgeous in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shipped the Day at the Races collection for review and so GENUINELY like the colours that I ordered the first collection now! Really nice shades. This berry pink looks AWESOME on your long nails!!!' B-E-A-UTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marta: Thank you! Aw it must have been wonderful to review the entire collection. I would have enjoyed it a lot. The other colors look very nice as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pink! It's gorgeous!
    Too bad that Cult Nails doesn't do international shipping anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pink color, looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great color :) i am loving it on your nails baby

    de-jeeya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cristina: Don't worry! It's likely that international shipping will return. :) Maria posted about it on her blog. You can read more about it here: http://www.r3daily.com/2011/05/international-shipping-will-most-likely.html

    @Diana, De Frozen, Olivia Frescura: Thank you! I also noticed this color looks very nice with China Glaze White Cap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)