Saturday, June 4, 2011

NOTD: Essence Chacalaca & Mosaic Nail Art

Here's a quick review of Essence Chacalaca (how fun is that to say?).  Chacalaca is part of the limited edition Whoom Boom collection!  It's a lovely dark blurple creme that leans more towards purple in my opinion.  I had no problems with application.  This is 2 coats without top coat, because I forgot. >.<



Then because I was feeling artsy and had some spare time, I did these mosaic nails.  ^_^  The bubbles shown in the mani aren't from any of the polishes but my top coat.  I kind of glopped it on because I wanted to take pics of it before the sun completely set.  In the process I smeared the white polish on one nail too. :/  Don't the colors remind you of something?  Maybe...Zoya's Mod Mattes collection? :P  For the other colors, I used Revlon Tulip, Revlon Garden, and Essie Coat Azure.


What do you think?  Would you do these nails?  I personally liked it very much.  Probably because I spent a bit of time on it. :P  I think it's fun and bright.  Makes me want to go to a summer party. :)


Liz

8 comments:

  1. Would look great mattefied! It reminds me of a swimming pool - any excuse for a pool party!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woahhh your nails look really pretty! It reminds me of mosaic windows :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I love it!!And I'd totally do this mani too if I had some nail art tools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NailNewbie: It does! It's so hot out these days. A pool party sounds nice.

    @mimi: Thanks! I've been thinking of doing it again with stained glass like colors.^^

    @Cristina: All you need is a nail art polish with a very thin brush! That's what I used for the white. :)

    @April: Thank you!

    @Olivia: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the mosaic nails!! I'd love to see a tutorial on how to do these since I've sat here staring at them and can't figure out how to go about this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fiona: I'd be happy to post a tutorial! I think I'll be able to get it up by tomorrow at the latest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)