Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Butter London Two Fingered Salute


Hey all!  Just a quick swatch and review today, although this one deserves a lengthier post.  It's really gorgeous but I'm afraid my picture doesn't quite capture it.  I think it needs a reswatch in sunlight to show the shimmer better.


Butter London describes this as a "muted, patinaed green crème with copper microglitter."  If you're wondering what the name means it is "similar to 'giving the bird' in the States." :P  I think the color description is pretty accurate.  I remember another blogger describing the green as a sort of Statue of Liberty green, and I think that gives you a better image of the color.  I really love the copper/pink/gold glitter as well.  It's really fine, so it actually removes easily like shimmer rather than a glitter.  The formula is just as good as every other BL shade I've tried: creamy, flowy, and hassle-free.  I'm wearing three coats with top coat here.

Mine was purchased at Nordstrom for $14 and I believe it is a Nordstrom exclusive shade.  However, it's being sold on ButterLondon.com for $15, so it may have joined the permanent line.  BL seems to have also hiked up their prices this year by a dollar. :/

Oh, and just a reminder.  If you'd like to be featured in this Friday's FFAN post, please send in your pictures by Thursday night!  I only have one entry so far, so more would be welcome. x)  Entry guidelines (here).

That's it for today!

Liz

16 comments:

  1. So beautiful! This is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade! I don't own one single Butter London yet so I'll better go shopping for this one at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shade with those copper glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting shade! great swatches, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know this may have joined the permanent line! I've been eying this for a really long time! Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a unique polish! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Fitzy! It's definitely a gorgeous polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should! I don't think you'd be disappointed. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Nati! It's definitely unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Annick! If you've been eyeing it, I think you should get it! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed! Thanks for commenting Jamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This polish is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I really do have to pick it up. And Fish Wife. And too many others.... LOL

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails are absolutely gorgeous :D I have two fingered salute as well, but haven't worn it yet. I really need to now haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)