Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nicole by OPI Modern Family Collection (Part 1)



Candid Cameron, 2 coats: dark blue base with fine green gold shimmer.  The overall look is an aqua-green frost.  The brushstrokes look really visible in my picture, but I didn't find it to be on the nail.  The formula was nice as well.


What's The Mitch-Uation?, 4 coats: vibrant indigo frost.  If you're careful, you can get it opaque in 3.  I needed to do a fourth to cover my tips better.  This one looks like OPI Into The Night from the Spiderman collection, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're dupes.  In terms of the formula, it was about average because of the sheerness.


Back In My Gloria Days..., 3 coats: purple jelly with bright pink-purple and blue shimmer.  This one is absolutely gorgeous.  The brighter pink-purple shimmer really adds to it.  I wasn't expecting to love it so much, but I did.  It applied very nicely in two coats.  Couldn't ask for anything more. :)

Verdict: All three were nice in terms of color and formula, but Back In My Gloria Days was my favorite.  I would recommend any of these if you don't already own a similar color.  Definitely check out BIMGD in stores though! :)

Availability: Modern Family lacquers are now available for $7.99 each at retailers including select Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Kmart, Kroger, ULTA, H-E-B, Meijer and Duane Reade locations. In Canada, this line will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.


Have you picked up any of the Modern Family polishes?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
Polishes in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion.
Please view my disclosure policy for more info.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)