Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nicole by OPI Modern Family (Part 3)


Here are the last six shades of the collection!  If you missed my previous reviews, you can find them here: (Part 1) / (Part 2).


Am I Making Myself Claire?, 3 coats (opaque in 2): pale mauve creme.  AIMMC was easy to apply and offered great coverage in just 2 coats.  It's a nice color and would be better suited for cool skin tones.


Alex By The Books, 3 coats: pale aqua-mint creme jelly.  The formula was thin, but really easy to work with.  It applied flawlessly and I love this color a lot.  I own a lot of mints, but I never get tired of them.  While I'm sure I have a color dupe, I think all of my mints are straight up cremes.  So I appreciate the squishy shiny finish this one has.


Stand By Your Manny, 5 coats: pale periwinkle blue creme jelly with silver shimmer flecks.  This one is really sheer.  Maybe you could get away with four, but I didn't the fifth coat for pictures.  The color in itself is gorgeous though.  In terms of its formula and texture, it's similar to Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely In Love or Sinful Colors Cinderella.


Luke Of The Draw, 3 coats: black jelly base with multi sized silver glitter.  This one looks just like OPI Metallic 4 Life (Nicki Minaj collection).  I'm pretty sure they are dupes, but I found Luke Of The Draw gloopy and hard to work with.  I don't remember having problems with Metallic 4 Life, so I'm surprised the formula wasn't as great.


A Phil's Paradise, 3 coats: graphite foil with shimmery yellow-orange flecks.  This color looks much warmer in person.  I don't think it's a Chanel Graphite dupe, but it's along the same lines.  I would say this one's more cooler and greyer than Graphite and its dupes.


My Jay Or The Highway!, 3 coats (opaque in 2): warm mushroom taupe with a creme jelly finish.  The formula on this was great.  You only need two coats and it applies flawlessly, drying to a squishy shiny finish.  All the taupes I own are cool, so I really like that this one's warm.

Verdict: Most of these had average to above average formulas - especially the mauve, mint, and taupe.  LOTD was the only one that had below average formula due to its gloopy formula.  You might count SBYM in that list too for sheerness, but application was about average.  Otherwise, the rest were great.  My favorites were the taupe, mint, and periwinkle polishes.  

Availability: Modern Family lacquers are now available for $7.99 each at retailers including select Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Kmart, Kroger, ULTA, H-E-B, Meijer and Duane Reade locations. In Canada, this line will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.


Will you be getting any of these?


Liz
Polishes in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion.
Please view my disclosure policy for more info.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)