Saturday, September 1, 2012

OPI Germany for Fall 2012 Swatches

It feels more like fall today because it's so chilly!  I'm glad I got my swatches done ahead of time, since it's cloudy out.  Today I have my swatches for the rest of the Germany polishes (basically the non neutrals).  I covered the neutrals in a different post, which can be found here.


Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, 3 coats: charcoal grey creme with a hint of green/blue.  It's a nice dark polish, and a offers a softer look for those of us who love black.

 ***


Don't Talk Bach to Me, 2 coats: a muted honey dijon creme with silver shimmer.  It has a bit of green in it that makes it a yellow-green.  I didn't particularly like this color, mostly because I don't really like yellow-greens on me.  I love the name though. :P

***


Schnapps Out of It!, 1 coat: a burnt orange-brown creme with silver shimmer.  Surprisingly, I really liked this one.  I honestly thought I wouldn't like it, but this is quite flattering.  I think it's a nice fall color, and I can see myself wearing it a lot.  The silver shimmer is especially nice, and it's a true one-coater.  Can't beat that!

***


Danke-Shiny Red, 2 coats: a shimmery red.  Nothing too unique, but the formula was nice.  I believe this and Zoya Elisa are dupes, so if you have one, you probably don't need the other.

***


Deutsche You Want Me Baby, 2 coats: a shimmery red-orange.  It's orange, but can look more red in certain lightings.  It's definitely orange next to a red, but on it's own you might be fooled.  I hope that makes sense? Haha. -_-

***


Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue, 2 coats: a shimmery blue.  It's a little frosty, but otherwise there were no problems with the formula.

***


Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, 3 coats: metallic purple with sparse red and blue shimmer.  This one is a little frosty as well.

***


German-icure by OPI, 3 coats: burgundy shimmer in a black/brown base.  This looks like a blackened red, and the red shimmer really glows.  My picture is a little inaccurate, since the shimmer looks more red in real life.

***


Every Month is Oktoberfest, 3 coats: dark blue/purple base with reddish purple shimmer.  This is really gorgeous!  Out of all the shades, this was definitely my favorite.

***

Verdict: To be honest, I wasn't expecting much out of this collection.  At first glance, the colors didn't seem unique or pretty.  However, after trying them out I had a lot of unexpected favorites.  The star shade would probably be Every Month is Oktoberfest, but my other favorites were: German-icure by OPI, Schnapps Out of It!, and Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!

I also like the neutrals a bit more now than when I first swatched them.  Don't Pretzel My Buttons and My Very First Knockwurst are definitely growing on me, and I enjoy wearing them together.

Availability: The Germany collection is currently available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $8.50 ($9.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer. 


Have you picked up any shades from this collection?  Which were your favorites?


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)