Friday, September 14, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily


I remember anticipating Aqua Lily's release date.  I'm a die hard turquoise/teal/aqua fan (not just for nail polish), so I was already in love with the color.  The pink shimmer just makes it extra amazing.  I signed up for an email reminder, and planned to man the computer when it went up.  Unfortunately, I got the time wrong.  I hurried to the computer and saw that it was sold out.  What?!  It's only been an hour or two!  But we're meant to be...  I was so frustrated.  Thankfully, there seems to have been a glitch because a few minutes later ( I sulkily refreshed the page) it was back.  I snagged it and only sighed in relief when my order confirmation came.  We were meant to be after all. ^__^


Aqua Lily, 3 coats (opaque in 2): a gorgeous aqua/turquoise creme base with distinct pink shimmer.  I think that description was a bit biased...but I am biased.  I adore this polish.  The formula is excellent as well.  Great RBL quality: smooth, creamy, and opaque.

I took my pictures in several different backgrounds hoping to capture the color and the shimmer accurately.  Fortunately, Aqua Lily was a lot more photogenic than I thought it would be.  I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out.  It's a touch more green in real life, but not bad. 







Isn't the pink shimmer just amazing?  It's much softer, more subtle indoors, but it's definitely there.  Of course, outdoors is when it really comes alive.

Aqua Lily is currently sold out, but due to popular request Ji is bringing it back sometime this October/November.  So if you need this color, definitely mark your calendars!  The following shades will also be making a return as well: Opaque Nude, Starfish Patrick, Insouciant, Recycle, and Piu Mosso.  I'm planning on getting Piu Mosso and possibly a back up of Aqua Lily.  Maybe that's a tad too greedy?  I'm still trying to decide.  I honestly don't think I will ever finish a bottle of any polish I own (except the ones I use frequently for nail art).  But we'll see.

You can find Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes at http://www.rescuebeauty.com/ for $18 each.

Did you get Aqua Lily when it came out?  Is it too hyped up or do you love it as well?  Let me know in the comments!


Liz

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I don't have any RBL polishes. They are pretty pricey and none of them really call my name, except for this one :) I think I have to try to get it when they restock. That shimmer is so gorgeous and you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous polish, to be sure, but I'm not in love with aquas/light blues, even those with beautiful pink shimmer. Cuprum is my favorite of the Fan collection, and my only RBL to date... But, I've got my sights set squarely on Piu Mosso. I'm SO thrilled she's rereleasing that one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! RBL polishes are pricey. I really only buy ones I really really want and I sit on it for a while just to make sure. I think Aqua Lily is worth the price though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah same here! I considered buying it when it came out, but decided to pass on it. Once it sold out, I kind of regretted it, so I'm so glad it's coming back as well. It looks so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy you were able to get a bottle. Your swatches of Aqua Lily really pick up the pink shimmer nicely :) enjoy!!! -KDK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)