Friday, September 21, 2012

OPI Pink of Hearts 2012: Breast Cancer Awareness Duo


"I Think in Pink and the new sparkle-packed hue You Glitter Be Good to Me. This duo pack is designed to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support. In 2012, OPI will donate $25,000 in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. OPI will also donate $5,000 to Rethink Breast Cancer in Canada."

shade
I Think in Pink, 3 coats: a sheer medium pink with a touch of blue.  The formula and dry time was about average for a sheer polish.  The blue in it makes it a bit more flattering for cool-toned skin, but overall it's not bad.

shade
You Glitter Be Good to Me, 1 coat over ITIP: a clear based glitter polish with small light pink hexes and medium fuchsia hexes.  I found the formula great for a glitter and the glitter is pretty dense.  I'm not sure if it can be built up to opacity, but it seems like it can be achieved.  I actually really like how this glitter looks over ITIP.

direct sun
It was cloudy most of the day, but I did manage to get this one sunlight shot when the sun peeked out for a few minutes.


Verdict:  The two polishes are nice individually, but are great paired together!  Overall, a very nice set that should excite all glitter lovers.

Availability: Pink of Hearts 2012 will be available September and October 2012 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $14.95 ($20.95 CAN) suggested retail.


*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.
 
***

P.S.  
Besides the pretty polishes, I did want to talk about breast cancer.  While breast cancer hasn't directly affected my family, it is something that seems to linger like smoke.  When my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, we also worried for my mother.  Whether you are a mother, a wife, or a daughter, please take the time to do your monthly self check ups.  I think Breast Cancer Awareness month is a great reminder for us (women) to care for our health and support other women as well.  I wish you all good health and happiness!

Liz

5 comments:

  1. I just picked up this set today - it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably won't be picking these up as I have a ton of like pinks and don't wear them that much. The glitter is pretty but I am not buying many glitters now - I pretty much got over saturated. Your photos are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pinks look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)