Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Popular Starry Pink


Introducing Revlon Popular, formerly known as Starry Pink.  Popular is a sheer, pale pink polish with fine and medium silver glitter.  The glitters submerged in the milky base tend to be white or grey, depending on how much polish is covering it.  I'm wearing 4 coats here for pictures, but 3 will do.  The formula is on the thick side and can dry a little slowly.  I had some trouble with balding and dragging, but adequate dry time between coats should eliminate that issue.

I like this polish, but I don't love it.  Don't get me wrong, it's pretty.  But maybe I was expecting something more from all the gushing reviews I've read.  It's quite flattering though, so I think it'll grow on me. ^^


Do you own Popular/Starry Pink?  What were your thoughts on it? :)


Liz

12 comments:

  1. I think it's very pretty! I personally don't have the patience for 3 coats, let alone four, but I love the end result. I also wanted to say that I think you have just the prettiest nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it and think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I still need to wear mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one will grow on you. was totally bummed the first time i wore it. decided to try again loved it a bit more. third time was a charm for me and now its one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own both of them - got caught in that immediate time when Revlon first released about 3 of these that had been popular and I thought it was different...(Whimsical and a blue glitter one thinking now called Mosaic maybe were in this same original release that got a ton of fans buzzing about Revlon - many of us who had not bought a Revlon polish in eons). I don't adore it but I like it - and it's in the chalky range which normally I cannot wear, but find I can wear this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you, Rebecca! I'm really flattered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Melissa! You should wear it soon! I'm sure it'll look great on you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're right! I really want to love this polish, haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I remember when that trio came out. I think it was Facets of Fuchsia (another DL dupe) that was in that trio. I remember because I kind of went crazy for the DL dupe, and that was the only one I got. I eventually got Popular and Mosaic later when they added it to the permanent collection. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)