Thursday, September 6, 2012

Butter London Black Knight Rises


Black Knight, 3 coats: a black jelly base filled with fine silver, red, blue, fuchsia/pink glitter.  I don't know why, but when I first got this I wasn't as enthralled by it as I am now.  At the time I didn't think the colored glitters showed up as much as I thought it would.  Maybe the lighting in that room was bad, or maybe I was blind?  I finally pulled out Black Knight again today and did a full swatch.  I'm so glad I did, because it's really gorgeous!  And yes, all the colored glitters show up well in all their sparkling glory.



It's so sparkly, it's blinding my camera!  You really have to see it out in the sun. :)  Next time, I'll probably just layer 1 coat of Black Knight over a black creme.  The glitters are really dense, so I think it'll look the same.

What do you think of Black Knight?  Do you own this beauty? 


Liz

7 comments:

  1. KatXoXoPeacelovefashionxoxSeptember 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

    Gosh this color is amazing!! I wish I could bring. Yield to pay that much for one polish!! I think I could for this color though loo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first got Black Knight, I wasn't impressed, but after awhile I learned to appreciate the fact that I have nothing else like it and every colour of glitter is represented! I thought this polish would make a great Galaxy Nails background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a beautiful polish!!! I've been going back and forth between this and Gobsmacked but I think this will be it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kat! I think Black Knight's worth it! :) I mulled over this one quite a bit too before I purchased it. I love Butter London's cute little bottles and some of their colors, but it does take a toll on the wallet. Definitely take advantage of their sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely is unique! And you're so right! This polish would be perfect galaxy nails. I should give it a try. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Gosia! I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am actually wearing one coat of Black Knight today over one coat of a black jelly (CG Liquid Leather) because I couldn't find my black creme, and it's actually good enough.

    Plus, this way you only need 3 coats of topcoat...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)