Wednesday, September 26, 2012

OPI So So Skullicious Review (Halloween 2012)

Eek! I forgot today is Wednesday, so I don't have my ABC challenge nail art today. :( I'll probably get that up tomorrow, but in the meantime, I do have this pretty sweet Halloween mini lacquer set from OPI. :)


First off, how cute is that packaging?  I love how OPI took the Day of the Dead route this year instead of the usual Halloween stuff.  I'm quite smitten with the festive packaging and matching nail decals.

Candelight (3 coats) / Mourning Glory (2 coats) / Hi, Pumpkin! (3 coats) / A-Rose from the Dead (2 coats)
The polishes themselves aren't nearly as exciting, but do fit in with the theme.  The colors are bright and darker than they look in my pictures.  Candlelight was a bit streaky and hard to work with, but the other polishes were well-behaved.




These nail decals are so cute!  I fumbled with them a little because I've never used water decals before.  Thankfully, I managed to get them on intact. :)


Verdict:  The polishes were average in terms of color and formula.  The selling point of this set is without a doubt the eye-catching packaging and nail decals.  With that said, I love this set.  I'm a sucker for visuals, and this one has me wrapped around its little finger.

Availability:  So So Skullicious will be available for a limited time beginning September 2012, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $12.50 ($14.95 CAN) suggested retail for each mini pack. 



What do you think of this set?  Have you picked it up?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your pretty nails and cuticles...oh and the polishes are pretty too ;-) I loved the packaging for this OPI Halloween set, but I knew right away that I had these colours and like you said, they weren't anything particularly special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you, Jayne! You're too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like OPI realized it missed the neon train from this summer and tried to catch by throwing itself on the bandwagon, slapping Halloween-esque names on the set to make itmore timely, and called it a day. The colors are fine, but I definitely would've been more apt to get these three months ago :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)