Sunday, September 2, 2012

Essence Colour & Go: Chic Reloaded

Believe it or not, this is actually my first Colour & Go polish!  I knew they had these at Ulta, but I never went looking for them.  It was only when I found out through Nouveau Cheap that the Essence sharpeners are dupes for Urban Decay's Grindhouse sharpener that I sauntered into the Essence aisle.

Unfortunately, there weren't any sharpeners left.  It seems like whenever I really want something, it's sold out.  (It took me months before I was able to get my hands on Nicole by Opi Kim-Pletely In Love and Revlon Whimsical.)  But I did come away with this pretty polish. :)



This is 2 coats over Zoya Ray, but it definitely did not need any underwear.  Chic Reloaded is opaque in 2-3 coats on it's own, so a base color is unnecessary.  I thought Ray would make the duochrome pop more, but it looked the same as when it was swatched on its own.

To simply describe the polish, it's a sheer black base with pink to green shifting shimmer.  The black base gives it the pop and opacity it needs.  In the sun, it looks more like a grey shimmer polish with pink and green shimmer.  But in the shade, it's a gorgeous green to pink duochrome.  You can also see some teal and purple if you look closely.  And at extreme angles you might even see some orange and gold.

I also found the brush easy to use.  It has a wide, flat brush like OPI, which I love.  I'm not a big fan of small, thin brushes.  It's the main reason why I don't really go for Essies.  These Essence bottles also have customized caps that reflect the polish inside.  How cute!  Best of all, these were only $1.99 at Ulta.

I don't know why it took me so long to try these!  I'm definitely a new fan. ^^

Have you ever tried any of Essence's Colour & Go polishes?  If you have, let me know which colors are must-haves.  I'd love to check them out! :)


Liz

6 comments:

  1. this looks gorgeous and super glossy.. xx //yolandaas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the customized caps that match the colour of the polish! The duochrome is gorgeous on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jenn! I'm a fan of the caps too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)