Monday, May 9, 2011

Sephora by OPI: If You've Got It, Haunt It

Hi all :)

This is the second polish I promised to review.  $OPI If You've Got It, Haunt It is from the limited edition 2010 Halloween collection.  It has a sheer charcoal base packed with silver micro glitter.  It also has fine black and multi-colored glitter.  The consistency of the polish is a bit gloopy because it has to hold onto all the glitter.  I used to shy away from this polish because it wouldn't come off!  But I tried out the foil-method and it just slipped off.  So now I don't mind using it. :)  The finish is rough, so if you want it to be smooth you'll have to use tons of top coat.  I personally don't mind.  I used two coats, but it was a tad bit sheer.  I would recommend two thick coats or three thin ones.

Sorry, this is the only pic I had of it alone.  So yes I re-used it from the last post.

I wanted to freshen it up the next day, so I decided to experiment with Zoya Faye.


Mostly the gold shimmer in Faye stood out, but there was still that brownish purple tint left.  I think it provided a nice contrast that is a bit more complex than what a normal gold would have given it.


This pic makes me think this would have looked amazing matte!
Indoor pic
At certain angles you can see the purple more.  It did have a bit of a reddish hue, although not as much as this picture implies.



Overall, I thought this was a nice combo.  What do you think?


Liz

3 comments:

  1. I like that combo! I usually do half and half with a glitter and a non-glitter, but I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl i am DYING for this polish! it was totally sold out everywhere by the time i decided i needed it :( tres sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polish and the combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)